Meats and Sausages
Vegetarian Rice with Apple Sauce Sausage
Rice with apple sauce sausage is made with rice, apple sauce, soy protein, sugar and vanilla extract. A combination of rice and apples is used in countless kitchen recipe so it produces a great sausage as well.
|Rice, boiled||650 g||1.54 lb|
|Apple sauce||200 g||7 oz|
|Vital wheat gluten flour||80 g||2.82 oz|
|Soy protein isolate||20 g||0.7 oz|
|Sugar||30 g||1.05 oz|
|Raisins (dry)||50 g||1.76 oz|
|Potato starch||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Guar gum||5 g||0.17 oz|
|Carrageenan||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Cinnamon||2 g||0.07 oz|
|Ground cloves||0.25 g||1 clove|
|Vanilla extract||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Water as needed||100 ml||3.3 oz fl|
- Mix apple sauce with raisins, vanilla extract and spices.
- Add rice, sugar, soy protein isolate and mix.
- Add starch, guar, carrageenan and mix.
- Add vital wheat flour and mix all together.
- Add water as necessary.
- Stuff hard into 38 mm casings.
- Cook in 176-185° F (80-85° C) water for 20 minutes.
- Place sausages in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let them cool.