Vegetarian Peanut Butter Sausage
Peanut butter sausage is made from creamy peanut butter, raisins, honey, ground flaxseed, cocoa powder and coconut milk. No oil is added to emulsion as peanut butter contains plenty of oil by itself.
|Cooked steel cut oats||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Flaxseed coconut emulsion (1:4)||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Creamy peanut butter||200 g||7 oz|
|Cocoa baking powder||30 g||1.05 oz|
|Honey (maple syrup)||30 g||1.05 oz|
|Sugar||30 g||1.05 oz|
|Raisins||50 g||1.76 oz|
|Starch||25 g||0.88 oz|
|Guar gum||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Carrageenan||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||0.01 oz|
- Cook 1 part of oats in 3 parts of water.
- Soak raisins for 30 minutes in water. Drain.
- Make emulsion blending 60 g of ground flaxseed with 240 ml (8 oz fl) of coconut milk.
- Add cocoa powder and mix again.
- Mix emulsion with oats, peanut butter, honey, sugar, raisins and spices.
- Add starch, guar and carrageenan and mix all together.
- Stuff hard into 38 mm casings.
- Cook in 176-185° F (80-85° C) water for 20 minutes.
- Place sausages in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let them cool.