Vegetarian Garam Masala Sausage
|White rice, boiled||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Flaxseed emulsion (1:2:2)||100 g||3.5 oz|
|Apple sauce||100 g||3.5 oz|
|Dry cranberries||100 g||3.5 oz|
|Sugar||20 g||0.7 oz|
|Potato starch||15 g||0.52 oz|
|Guar gum||5 g||0.17 oz|
|Carrageenan||10 g||0.34 oz|
|Cinnamon||2 g||0.07 oz|
|Garam masala spice||10 g||0.34 oz|
- Chop cranberries and mix with apple sauce.
- Mix rice with flaxseed emulsion, add apple sauce, sugar and spices.
- Add starch, guar, carrageenan and mix all together.
- Stuff hard into 38 mm casings.
- Cook in 176-185° F (80-85° C) water for 20 minutes.
- Place sausages in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let them cool.
* to make emulsion use given ratio (by weight) of ground flaxseeds : vegetable oil : water (or other liquid). Using a manual whisk or electric blender mix ground flaxseeds with water first until a smooth paste is obtained. Then start gradually adding oil until mayonnaise-like emulsion is obtained. More about emulsions. 100 g flaxseed emulsion = 20 g ground flaxseed : 40 g oil : 40 g water