Vegetarian Chorizo Sausage
Chorizo vegetarian sausage is made with ground wheat gluten, soy protein, oil, garlic and smoked paprika.
|Wheat gluten||800 g||1.76 lb|
|Soy protein isolate||30 g||1.05 oz|
|Soy emulsion||100 g||3.5 oz|
|Vital wheat gluten flour||60 g||2.1 oz|
|Guar gum||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Carrageenan||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Salt||12 g||0.35 oz|
|Pepper||2 g||0.07 oz|
|Smoked paprika (pimentón)||8 g||0.28 oz|
|Oregano, rubbed||2 g||0.07 oz|
|Cayenne pepper||0.5 g||0.01 oz|
|Garlic (2 cloves)||7 g||0.28 oz|
- Grind wheat gluten through a small plate.
- Except gluten flour, guar and carrageenan, mix all ingredients together.
- Add gluten flour, guar and carrageenan and mix all together.
- Stuff hard into 38 mm casings.
- Cook in 176-185° F (80-85° C) water for 20 minutes.
- Place sausages in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let them cool.
* to make emulsion use given ratio (by weight) of soy protein isolate : vegetable oil : water (or other liquid). Using a manual whisk or electric blender mix soy protein isolate with water first until a smooth paste is obtained. Then start gradually adding oil until mayonnaise-like emulsion is obtained. More about emulsions. 100 g soy protein emulsion = 10 soy protein isolate : 40 g oil : 50 g water