Vegetarian Basic Sausage
|Wheat gluten||750 g||1.65 lb|
|Flaxseed emulsion (1:2:2)||200 g||7 oz|
|Potato starch||20 g||0.7 oz|
|Guar gum||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Carrageenan||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Salt||12 g||0.42 oz|
|Pepper||2 g||0.07 oz|
|Garlic||5 g||0.17 oz|
- Mix ground gluten with flaxseed emulsion and spices. Add starch, guar and carrageenan and mix all together.
- Stuff hard into 38 mm casing.
- Cook in 176-185° F (80-85° C) water for 20 minutes.
- Place sausages in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let them cool.
* to make emulsion use given ratio (by weight) of ground flaxseeds : vegetable oil : water (or other liquid). Using a manual whisk or electric blender mix ground flaxseeds with water first until a smooth paste is obtained. Then start gradually adding oil until mayonnaise-like emulsion is obtained. More about emulsions. 200 g flaxseed emulsion = 40 g ground flaxseed : 80 g oil : 80 g water