Tofu Sausage with Bread Crumbs
Tofu Sausage is a healthy sausage with 178 calories per 100g serving.
|tofu, soft||500 g||1.10 lb.|
|bread crumbs||150 g||0.33 lb.|
|water for bread crumbs||150 g||150 ml|
|vital wheat gluten||80 g||3 oz|
|oil emulsion*||100 g||3-1/2 oz|
|water, as needed||20 g||1 Tbsp|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|salt||10 g||1-1/2 tsp|
|pepper||3 g||1-1/2 tsp|
|onion powder||2.5 g||1 tsp|
|garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
|nutmeg||2 g||1 tsp|
|ginger||1 g||1/2 tsp|
|carrageenan||10 g||2 tsp|
- Soak bread crumbs in water.
- Mix tofu, bread crumbs, carrageenan, salt and spices. Add oil emulsion and remix. Add vital wheat gluten and mix everything together.
- Stuff into 32 mm casings.
- Cook in water at 176 F (80 C) for 20 minutes.
- Cool in cold water.
- Keep refrigerated.
* oil emulsion: soy protein isolate/oil/water at 1:4:5.