Tambov is a great highly nutritional sausage made of pork, beef, pork bellies and basic spices like pepper and nutmeg.
|beef||400 g||0.88 lb.|
|pork||200 g||0.44 lb.|
|pork bellies (bacon)||400 g||0.88 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|nutmeg||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|cold water||100 ml||⅜ cup|
- Grind meats with 3/8” (10 mm) plate. Grind bacon through ⅛ “ (3 mm) plate.
- Mix all ingredients with meat adding water. Mix until all water is absorbed by the mixture.
- Stuff into hog casings 32-36 mm and form 12” (30 cm) long links.
- Hang at room temperature for 60 minutes (optional step, but highly recommended).
- Apply hot smoke for 110-130 min.
- In the last stage of smoking the sausage is baked at 75-90º C (167-194º F) until internal meat temperature is 68-70º C (154-158º F).
- Shower with cold water for about 5 min, then lower sausage temperature to below 12º C (53º F).
- Store in refrigerator.