Pork Loin sausage
Pork loin sausage is made from chunks of pork loin and emulsified beef.
|pork loin||900 g||1.94 lb.|
|lean beef||100 g||0.26 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|nutmeg||0.5 g||1/2 tsp.|
|cold water||40 ml||1/5 cup|
- Cure meat (mix with salt and Cure #1) for 72 hours. Keep pork and beef separately. Cut loin into 4 x 4cm pieces. Beef can be cut into smaller cuts as it will be ground.
- Pork loin pieces will not be ground.
- Grind cured beef twice through 3 mm plate adding 30% cold water (40 ml) or crushed ice. You may use a food processor. You are emulsifying beef so it will hold loin pieces well.
- Mix pork loins with pepper and nutmeg until mass feels sticky, then add emulsified beef.
- Stuff firmly into 55-65 mm fibrous or beef middles casings.
- Hang at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Hot smoke for 60-80 minutes.
- Bake in smokehouse 2-2.5 hours. The total time of smoking and baking 3-4 hours.
- Shower sausages for 5 minutes with cold water, then hang them to cool.