Onion is added in small amount to liver and blood sausages, potato and other sausages. Onion sausage contains a larger proportion of onion to give it a more pronounced flavor.
|Lean pork||200 g||7 oz|
|Fat trimmings||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Fresh onion||200 g||7 oz|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2 g||1 tsp|
- Dice onion finely and fry in a little fat until glassy.
- Grind meat, fat and onion through 1/8" (3 mm) plate. Grind again.
- Stuff into 34-36 mm natural or synthetic casings.
- Cook in water at 176 F° (80° C) for 30 minutes.
- Cool sausages in cold water.