Morcilla Blanca is Spanish sausage which is related to blood sausages, although it is made without blood. You may translate it as White Blood Sausage and this sausage type is quite common in countries such as England, France, Germany, Poland and Spain.
|lean pork||700 g||1.54 lb.|
|fat (beef suet, pork back fat, hard pork fat trimmings or belly)||300 g||0.66 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||21 g||3 ½ tsp.|
|white pepper||3.0 g||1 ½ tsp.|
|cinnamon||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|cloves, ground||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|nutmeg||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|cream||250 g||1 cup|
|onion, finely chopped||60 g||1 onion|
|parsley, finely chopped||1 Tbsp.||1 Tbsp.|
- Grind pork and back fat through 3/16 (3 mm) plate.
- Mix the eggs, cream and all ingredients in a blender. If no blender available, mix manually.
- Pour over meat and mix everything well together.
- Stuff into 32-36 mm hog casings, make 6” (15 cm) links.
- Place sausages into warm water, increase the temperature (around 185º F, 85º C) and simmer for 20 min. Do not boil the water, the sausages may burst open.
- Store in a refrigerator.
- To serve: fry in a skillet or grill.