|Pork blood||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Pork back fat, hard fat trimmings, belly, suet||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Rice||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Onions, diced||250 g||0.55 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Black pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||10.0 g||5 tsp|
|Pimentón, hot||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Oregano, ground||2.0 g||1 tsp|
- Peel off onions and chop them finely. Mix them with rice and leave overnight in a suitable container. The rice will absorb onion juice and will increase in volume.
- Dice fat into 1/2” cubes.
- Stuff loosely into 32-36 mm hog casings as the rice will still increase in volume during cooking. Make 12” rings.
- Cook in a hot water at 80° C (176° F) for about 60 minutes. Prick with a needle any sausage that comes to the top to remove air. Don’t increase temperature as the casings may burst.
- The color should be dark brown-red with white pieces of fat.
The remaining morcilla stock known as calducho is used for cooking.