Mysliwska - Hunter's Sausage
Mysliwska Sausage - Hunter’s Sausage is made of pork and beef. A hunter carried a big hunting bag where he kept the necessary tools and food that had to last for a number of days. Mysliwska Sausage was a relatively short, well smoked sausage that would make an ideal food or snack in those circumstances. Hunter’s Sausage is popular in many countries, for example in Germany it is called Jadgwurst and in Italy Cotechino. Prolonged smoking and juniper berries give the sausage its unique character.
|lean pork||650 g||1.43 lbs.|
|lean beef||100 g||0.22 lbs.|
|vegetable oil||30 g||2 Tbsp|
|potato flour||20 g||4 tsp.|
|cold water||100 g||1/2 Tbsp|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp.|
|gelatin||10.0 g||2 tsp.|
|Sausage Maker Fat Replacer||4.0 g||1 tsp.|
|pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|sugar||1.0 g||1/5 tsp.|
|garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
|juniper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp.|
- Grind lean pork with 1/2" (13 mm) plate. Grind beef twice through 1/8" (2-3 mm) plate.
- Add cold water into the ground beef and mix well with all ingredients except oil. Add pork and mix all together. Add oil and mix all together.
- Stuff mixture into 32 mm hog casings and form 7 - 8" (18 - 20 cm) links.
- Hang sausages at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Sausage is hot smoked in a few distinct stages:
- Shower with cold water for about 5 minutes and place in a refrigerator.
144 calories per 100 g serving.