Raw Potato Sausage
Potato sausage is a very very popular sausage in Sweden and Germany. It can be made from raw or boiled potatoes, even from potato flour.
|Pork belly or fat pork||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Raw potatoes||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|White pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Allspice||0.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Onion||30 g||1/2 onion|
- Slice raw potatoes into thin discs and place in cold water. Drain before use.
- Grind pork meat through 1/8" (3 mm) plate.
- Chop potatoes finely and add to ground meat.
- Chop onion finely and fry in lard (fat) until gold. Let cool.
- Add spices and mix everything together.
- Stuff into 60 mm beef rounds or other suitable casings.
- Cook in water at 176° F (80° C) for 60 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.
Serving suggestions: fry, grill or warm up in hot water.