Boiled Potato Sausage
Potato sausage made from boiled potatoes is milder than the one made from raw potatoes. This sausage recipe calls for just a few spices, however, you may add 1/2 teaspoon allspice and 1 teaspoon onion powder if you like. (Instead of onion powder you may add finely chopped 1/2 onion and fry it in fat until gold).
|Pork belly or fat pork||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Potatoes||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|White pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Boil peeled potatoes without salt until soft. Drain and leave partially covered to let the steam out. Smash potatoes to make potato purée.
- Grind meat through 1/8" (3 mm) plate.
- Mix potatoes, ground meat and spices together.
- Stuff into 36 mm casings.
- Cook in water at 176° F (80° C) for 45 minutes.
- Place sausages on a flat surface to cool.
Serving suggestions: fry until light brown. Add some butter for a great taste.