Leberwurst mit Reis (Liver Sausage With Rice)
German liver sausage. Liver and blood sausages are often made with filler material such as rice, different groats or leftover white bread and rolls.
|Pork liver||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork belly -bottom fat part||550 g||1.21 lb|
|Rice||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Onions||50 g||1.76 oz|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cardamom||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Pre-cook briefly pork belly in water at 80° C (176° F) until softer. Cool.
- Chop onions finely and fry in fat until glassy and golden.
- Grind pork belly, raw liver and onions through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Mix the mass with rice and all ingredients.
- Stuff into 36 mm pork casings forming 40 cm (16") rings.
- Boil at 80° C (176° F) for 40 minutes.
- Immerse in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Cool in air and refrigerate.