Kalbsleberwurst (Veal Liver Sausage)
|Veal liver||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Pork fat, belly, fat trimmings||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Veal meat||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Onion, chopped||10 g||1 Tbsp|
- Slice veal meat and fat into discs and boil at 90° C (194° F) for 10 minutes. Cool in cold water and drain.
- Grind veal meat and fat through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Grind raw veal liver and chopped onion through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Mix meat, fat, liver and spices together well. It can be done in a food processor for an even smoother texture.
- Stuff into 60 mm pork middles or synthetic casings. Make 60 cm (24") links.
- Boil at 80° C (176° F) for 75 minutes.
- Immerse in cold water for 10 minutes. Remove and place on flat surface to cool. Roll the sausages over once in a while to prevent fat from accumulating in one spot.