A German pork liver sausage
|Pork liver||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Pork belly||500 g||1.10 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cardamom||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Marjoram||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Chopped onion||20 g||1/4 onion|
- Slice the liver into discs and scald for 5 minutes in hot water. Cool in running water and drain.
- Grind the liver and belly twice through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix ground meat, liver, onion, egg and spices together. Once more grind through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings.
- Immerse sausages into boiling water, lower the heat and cook at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Place for 10 minutes in cold water. Dry briefly and refrigerate.
After cooking and cooling the sausage may be cold smoked for 2-3 hours at 18° C (64 ° F).