Meats and Sausages
Geflügelleberwurst (Poultry Liver Sausage)
German poultry liver sausage. "Poultry" can be defined as domestic fowls, including chickens, turkeys, geese and ducks, raised for the production of meat or eggs.
|Poultry sides, belly||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Poultry back meat, neck, heart||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Poultry liver||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork liver||50 g||0.11 lb|
|Pork belly||50 g||0.11 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||2 tsp|
|Allspice, ground||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cardamom||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Onions, chopped||60 g||2 oz|
- Except both livers, boil poultry meat and pork belly at 80° C (176° F) until softer. Drain and cool.
- Chop the onions and fry them in lard until glassy and gold-light brown.
- Grind poultry meat through 5 mm (1/4") plate. Add salt and Cure #1 and mix.
- Grind raw poultry and pork livers through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Mix meat, liver, bellies and spices together.
- Stuff into 55 mm pork or beef middles forming 40-50 cm (16-20 cm) sections.
- Boil in water at 80° C (176° F) for 60 minutes.
- Immerse in cold water for 75 minutes. Place on flat surface and cool down.
- Keep refrigerated.