Geflügelleberwurst (Poultry Liver Sausage)
German poultry liver sausage. "Poultry" can be defined as domestic fowls, including chickens, turkeys, geese and ducks, raised for the production of meat or eggs.
|Poultry sides, belly||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Poultry back meat, neck, heart||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Poultry liver||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork liver||50 g||0.11 lb|
|Pork belly||50 g||0.11 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||2 tsp|
|Allspice, ground||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cardamom||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Onions, chopped||60 g||2 oz|
- Except both livers, boil poultry meat and pork belly at 80° C (176° F) until softer. Drain and cool.
- Chop the onions and fry them in lard until glassy and gold-light brown.
- Grind poultry meat through 5 mm (1/4") plate. Add salt and Cure #1 and mix.
- Grind raw poultry and pork livers through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Mix meat, liver, bellies and spices together.
- Stuff into 55 mm pork or beef middles forming 40-50 cm (16-20 cm) sections.
- Boil in water at 80° C (176° F) for 60 minutes.
- Immerse in cold water for 75 minutes. Place on flat surface and cool down.
- Keep refrigerated.