|Lean pork butt||500 g||1.10 lb.|
|Lean fresh bacon||500 g||1.10 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||½ tsp|
|Pepper||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Coriander||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Mustard, ground||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Ginger, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp.|
- Grind all meat through 10 mm (3/8") grinder plate.
- Mix meat with all ingredients.
- Stuff into 50 mm (2”) fibrous casings.
- Hang at room temperature for 30 min.
- Place sausages in pre-heated to 54° C (130° F) smokehouse for 60 minutes (no smoke applied).
- Hot smoke for 30 minutes.
- Increase smokehouse temperature (no smoke applied) to 77° C (170° F) and bake sausages for 70 minutes until internal temperature of 70° C (158° F) is obtained, then cool in air OR cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 50 minutes, then cool sausages for 5 minutes in cold water and finish cooling in air.