Paltruch also known as Bisbot is a Spanish blood sausage (blood head cheese) very popular in Gerona (in Catalan language Girona) which is the city and municipality in region of Catalonia.
|Dewlap, jowls||140 g||4.93 oz|
|Tongue||160 g||5.64 oz|
|Heart, lungs, liver, stomach||200 g||7.05 oz|
|Head meat||120 g||4.23 oz|
|Back fat, hard fat trimmings||130 g||4.58 oz|
|Pork blood||250 ml||8.33 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||20 g||3 tsp|
|Black pepper||5.0 g||2.5 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||¼ tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
- Cut back fat into 3 mm (1/8”) strips, about 8 cm (3”) long.
- Grind all meats through 2-3 mm (1/8) plate.
- Mix blood with salt and spices.
- Mix ground meats with blood well together.
- Stuff into pig bung caps or middles, about 20 cm (8”) long.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 60 minutes.
- Keep in refrigerator.