Rice Sausage (Reiswurst)
German rice sausage (Reiswurst) with beef, pork and spices.
|Beef||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Pork belly or fat pork (butt, picnic)||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Rice||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Allspice||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Precook beef until soft.
- Precook fat pork until semi-soft.
- Cook rice in water (do nor overcook).
- Grind beef and pork through 1/8" (3 mm) plate.
- Mix ground meat with rice and spices.
- Stuff into 40 mm beef rounds.
- Cook in water for 30 minutes at 176° F (80° C).
- Wash sausages with warm water, drain and lay down on a table to cool.