White Bratwurst (Weißwurst)
White Bratwurst (Weißwurst), (Weiß = white, wurst = sausage) is a German sausage made with light colored meat and milk.
|Veal||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Pork jowls||400 g||0.88 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|White pepper||2 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1 g||1/2 tsp|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tbsp||1 Tbsp|
|Chopped chives||1 Tbsp||1 Tbsp|
|Grated lemon zest||1/2 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Milk||15 g||1 Tbsp|
- Grind veal through 1/8" (3 mm) plate.
- Grind jowls or belly through 1/8" (3 mm) plate.
- Mix veal with all ingredients. Add ground jowls (or belly) and mix again.
- Stuff into 28-32 mm casings making 8 inch (20 cm) links.
- Refrigerate. Cook before serving.
Pork jowls may be substituted with pork belly, however, jowls have much better binding properties.