Bratwurst with Egg and Milk
|Semi-fat pork*||920 g||2.0 lb|
|Whole egg||70 g||1 egg|
|Milk||10 ml||1 Tbsp|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cardamom||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Lemon zest||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Grind meat through 1/4" (6 mm) grinder plate.
- Mix with all spices.
- Whisk egg with milk together. Mix everything together.
- Stuff in 26-28 mm hog or sheep casings. Make links weighing about 100 g (3.5 oz).
- Refrigerate and eat within a day; cook fully before serving.
- To extend its shelf life the sausage may be cooked for 20 minutes at 176° F (80° C). Keep in refrigerator.