Hmong is a Vietnamese pork sausage. The Hmong are an ethnic group from the mountainous regions of China, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Pork shoulder, semi-fat pork trimmings, pork belly, jowls, back fat||1000 g||2.2 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Ginger, grated||45 g||3 Tbsp|
|Garlic, chopped||25 g||8 cloves|
|Thai chilies, chopped||30 g||2 Tbsp|
|Green onion||20 g||2 stalks|
|Cilantro, chopped||20 g||2 Tbsp|
|Lemon grass, chopped||20 g||2 Tbsp|
|Lime juice||30 ml||1 oz fl|
- Separate lean meat from fat.
- Grind lean pork through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Grind fat pork through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Add salt to lean pork and mix/knead until sticky.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix again.
- Finally add fat and mix all together.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings.
- Cook before serving.
Lemon grass is an essential ingredient in many Asian cuisines. Its flavor is reminiscent of lemon, but lighter.