Lincolnshire Sausage - Traditional
The Lincolnshire sausage has its origin in Lincolnshire region in Great Britain. Every year the city of Lincoln (in Lincolnshire) holds a competition to see who can make the best Lincolnshire sausage. The dominant spice is sage and the meat is coarsely ground producing a chunky texture.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Pork, semi-fat (shoulder, pork belly)||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Dry wheat roll or bread||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Water||150 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||16 g||2.5 tsp|
|White pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Fresh sage, chopped||10 g||4 tsp|
- Soak dried rolls in water.
- Grind meat with 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Mix ground meat with all ingredients.
- Stuff into 32 mm hog casings.
- Keep in refrigerator for 2 days before serving.
- Fry, bake or grill before serving.