Traditional English Gloucester sausage was made from Gloucester Old Spot pig (a rare breed) and flavored with sage.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Pork||450 g||0.99 lb|
|Pork fat||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Rusk||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Water||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Sage, rubbed||2.0 g||2 tsp|
|Thyme||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Soak rusk in water.
- Grind meat and fat with 3/16” (5 mm) plate.
- Add all ingredients and re-mix.
- Re-grind meat with 3/16” (5 mm) plate.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings.
- Pan-fry or grill before serving.