Due to their habit of often exploding due to shrinkage of the tight skin during cooking, some are often referred to as bangers. Bangers are often served with mashed potatoes to form a national British dish known as bangers and mash.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Pork belly or semi-fat pork||1000 g||2.2 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Rusk||60 g||2 oz|
|Water||120 m||4 oz fl|
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Garlic||10 g||3 cloves|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Marjoram||0.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Oregano||0.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Savory||0.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Rosemary||0.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Thyme||0.5 g||1/2 tsp|
- Discard the skin from belly meat.
- Grind meat with 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Mix all ingredients with water.
- Pour the ingredients over ground meat and mix all together.
- Stuff into 32-36 mm hog casings.
- Refrigerate or freeze for later use.
- Cook before serving.