Butifarra sausage is one of the most important dishes of the Catalan cuisine. They are also popular in South America, especially in Colombia (Botifarra Soledeña).
|Beef||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Pork jowls, pork belly||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic powder||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cayenne||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Red wine||60 ml||2 oz fl|
- Grind beef through 1/4” (5 mm) plate.
- Grind pork through 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Mix/knead beef with salt until sticky. Add wine and spices and remix. Add ground jowls and mix all together.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings, leave in one coil.
- Refrigerate. Cook before serving.