|Semi-fat pork (butt, shoulder)||1000 g||2.2 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Marjoram||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||7.0 g||2 cloves|
|Water||90 ml||6 Tbsp|
- Grind lean and semi-fat pork with 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Grind pork trimmings rich in connective tissue with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix all ground meat with salt, spices and water until sticky.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings.
- Refrigerate or freeze for later use.
- Cook before serving by pan-frying, grilling or boiling in water.