Salchicha de Ternera
Small Spanish fresh sausages made from veal.
|Veal||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Pork belly, fat trimmings||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||24 g||4 tsp|
|Pepper, white||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Water, cold||60 ml||2 oz fl|
- Grind beef and fat through 10 mm (3/8") plate.
- Grind fat through 10 mm (3/8") plate.
- Grind beef, adding salt and spices through 3 mm (1/8") plate or emulsify in food processor adding 60 ml of cold water.
- Mix emulsified paste with fat.
- Stuff into 18 mm sheep casings, forming links 10-12 cm (4-5") long.
- Refrigerate. Cook fully before serving.