Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 24 minutes
|Pork||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Back fat, fat trimmings||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||15 g||2-1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Allspice, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Onion||30 g||1 oz|
|Water||30 g||1 oz fl|
- Chop the onion finely and fry in oil until glassy.
- Grind lean pork through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Grind fat through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Mix/knead ground lean meat with salt until sticky. Add water, spices and ground fat and mix all together.
- Stuff firmly into 32 mm hog casings forming a continuous coil.
- Fry or grill before serving.