Macedonian Sausage made from lamb, pork and ajvar paste.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Pork shoulder||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Lamb||500 g||1.10 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Cumin||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Rosemary, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic, minced||10 g||3 tsp|
|Ajvar paste, hot*||60 g||2 oz|
|Red wine||30 ml||1 oz fl|
- Make marinade by dissolving salt and spices with wine.
- Grind meats through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Mix ground meat with marinade and ajvar paste.
- Stuff into 32-36 mm hog casings forming 6” (15 cm) long links.
- Fry or grill before serving.
* Ajvar, a part of Serbian cuisine, is made from roasted red bell peppers, garlic, eggplant and chili peppers. It can be sweet, medium hot or very hot.
Homemade ajvar pepper paste:4 large red bell peppers
1 eggplant 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper 1/2 tsp cayenne
7 cloves of garlic, minced 1/2 cup olive oil Preheat oven to 246° C (475° F). Roast bell peppers and eggplant until blackened. Remove and cool. Discard all peels and seeds. Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.