Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Lean pork||650 g||1.43 lb|
|Pork back fat or hard fat trimmings||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Pork skins||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Dried sage||1 tsp|
|Aniseed||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cayenne||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic, smashed||3.5 g||1 clove|
- Cook skins in water at below boiling temperature until the skins are soft. Cool and cut into smaller sections.
- Grind the skins with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Grind pork and fat with 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Mix ground meat with all spices. Add fat and mix again.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings and make 4” (10 cm) long links.
- Refrigerate or freeze for later use.
- Cook before serving.
You can vary proportion of meat and fat, but don’t increase the amount of skins.