A medium grind bratwurst from Frankfurt. Stuffed sausage must be refrigerated and fully cooked and consumed within days. It may also after stuffing be cooked in water and refrigerated. This will extend its shelf life by a few days.
|Beef||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork shoulder||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork belly||400 g||0.88 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||3.0 g||1.5 tsp|
|Mace||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Allspice||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cardamom||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Water||50 ml||1.66 oz fl|
- Grind all meat through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
- Mix ground meat, salt, all ingredients and water.
- Stuff into 26-28 mm pork casings linking each 15 cm (6") in one continuous string.
- Consume within 2-3 days or scald in water at 80° C (176° F) for 20 minutes.
- Fry, bake or grill before serving.