Botifarra Catalana Cruda
Botifarra Catalana Cruda is a simple fresh sausage from Barcelona, Spain. The sausage must be refrigerated and fully cooked before serving.
|Pork, lean||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Pork belly, skinless||400 g||0.88 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper, white||4.0 g||2 tsp|
- Grind lean pork through 6 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Grind pork belly through 6 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Mix/knead ground lean pork with salt adding a little water until sausage mass feels sticky.
- Add ground pork belly and pepper and mix all together.
- Stuff into 28-30 mm pork casings forming rings about 25 cm (10”) long.
Cook fully before serving by frying, grilling or cooking in water.