Longaniza Parillera is a fresh Argentinian sausage which will end up on a grill. Parilla is the definition of Argentinian grill or barbecue.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Pork shoulder||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Pork jowls or belly||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Beef||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Sugar||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Red pepper, ground||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Fennel, seeds||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Allspice, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Bay leaf, crushed or ground||1||1|
|Starch, corn or potato||10 g||1 Tbsp|
|Red wine||90 ml||3 oz fl|
- Mix spices with wine.
- Grind pork through 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Grind beef through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Mix meats with salt and spices.
- Add starch and mix again.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings making 1’ (30 cm) straight links. Tie off both ends with a string to form rings.
- Cook before serving.