Sobrasada Picante Casera
Sobrasada sausage has a characteristic reddish-orange color, that is the result of mixing ground lean pork and pork fat with paprika, salt and spices. In Balearic islands sobrasada is made from the locally grown pigs.
|Lean pork (<20% fat)||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Back fat or fat pork trimmings||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||25 g||4 tsp|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||30 g||5 Tbsp|
|Pimentón, hot||10 g||5 tsp|
|Garlic, diced||7.0||2 cloves|
- Grind pork and fat through 6 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Mix meat, fat, salt, cure and spices together. Hold for 12 hours in refrigerator.
- Stuff into large hog casings. Different casings are used including bladder and stomach. You can used fibrous synthetic casings.
- Dry for 2 months at 16-12º C (60-54º F), 85-80% humidity.
- Store sausages at 10-12º C (50-53º F), <70% humidity.
Exact drying time will be determined by the type and the size of the casings used.