Sobrasada de Mallorca de Cerdo Negro
Sobrasada de Mallorca de Cerdo Negro (cerdo means "pig", negro means "black") must be made from meat that comes exclusively from black pig that grows in the island of Mallorca.
|Pork, lean||380 g||0.83 lb|
|Pork belly||270 g||0.59 lb|
|Back fat||350 g||0.77 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||22 g||3.5 tsp|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||36 g||6 Tbsp|
|Thyme, rubbed||2.0 g||2 tsp|
- Grind meat and fat through 5 mm (1/4 tsp).
- Mix ground meat and fat with salt and spices. Hold in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Stuff into 40-100 mm pork casings.
- Dry at 15-18° C (59-64° F) for 30-45 days depending on the diameter of the sausage.
- Store at 12° C (53° F), 60% humidity or refrigerate.
Majorcan sobrasada is traditionally served on bread and topped with variety of spreads such as honey, sugar or apricot jam.