Morcón Gaditano comes from Cádiz, a city and port in southwestern Spain. It is the capital of the province of Cádiz, one of eight which make up the autonomous community of Andalusia. The word “gaditano” describes a native of Cádiz city.
|Lean pork||1000 g||2.2 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||30 g||5 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Pimentón||30 g||5 Tbsp|
|Garlic, diced||10 g||4 cloves|
- Cut meat into 25 mm (1”) pieces.
- Mix meat with salt and spices for 6-7 minutes.
- Stuff into pork large intestine blind cap (caecum) casing. The casing is about 18-25 cm long. The stuffed morcón looks like an oval small rugby ball.
- Hold/ferment at 10° C (50° F), 90% humidity, for 8-10 days.
- Dry at 12-14° C (53-57° F), 82% humidity, until cured.