Longaniza de Pascua
Longaniza de Pascua is a Valencian small diameter dry sausage made at Easter time (“Pascua” means Easter in Spanish). This snack type sausage is made with pork and veal and the drying process is relatively short due to the small diameter of the sausage.
|Pork, lean||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Veal||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Semi-fat pork||400 g||0.88 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||25 g||4 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Anise seed, ground||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Grind all meats through 8-10 mm (3/8”) plate.
- Mix meat with salt and spices.
- Stuff into 12 mm sheep casings forming 20-30 cm (8-12”) long links.
- Dry at 18→12° C (64→59° F) for 7-10 days.
- Store at 10-12° C (50-53° F) in a cool and ventilated area or refrigerate.