Llangonisa Rotja - Alicantina
Llangonisa Rotja or Llonganissa Alacantina (in Valencian language which is a dialect of Catalan) is a longaniza sausage popular in País Valenciano region of Spain. This all pork dry sausage is stuffed into small diameter natural casing and dried for about 3 weeks. Then it is ready to eat, but may be fried or grilled.
|Pork, semi-fat*||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Pork, lean||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||3.0 g||5 tsp|
|Pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Pimentón||10 g||5 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
- Grind meats through 8-10 mm (3/8”) plate.
- Mix ground meat with salt and spices. Hold in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Stuff into 20-22 mm sheep or hog casings. Form links about 35-40 cm (13-16”) long.
- Dry at 15-12° C (59-53° F) for 15-20 days.
- Store at 10-12° C (50-53° F), <65% humidity or in refrigerator.
* pork shoulder (butt) is a good choice.