Imperial de Bolańos
Imperial de Bolańos is a type of finely ground salchichón or longaniza. It originates in Bolaños de Calatrava, a city situated in the Ciudad Real province in the autonomous community of Castile-La Mancha, Spain.
|Lean pork||750 g||1.55 lb|
|Back fat or hard fat trimmings||250 g||0.55 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||20 g||3.5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Oregano, ground||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Grind lean pork and fat through 3 mm (1/8”) plate.
- Mix ground meats with salt and spices. Hold for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Stuff the mixture into 38-40 mm natural casings forming straight links 30 cm (12”) long.
- Dry/ferment at 20-27° C (68-80° F), 90-85% humidity, for 30 hours.
- Dry at 15-12° C (59-53° F), 85-75% humidity, for 15 days.
- Store at 10-12° C (50-53° F), <70% humidity or refrigerate.
The sausage is ready to eat without cooking.