Haussalami (Home Salami)
Austrian salami. In Austria Italian style salami started to appear in 1800/1900.
|Beef, regular quality||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork, lean||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Pork fat, hard||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||25 g||4 tsp|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Dextrose||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic, diced||3.5 g||1 clove|
|Red wine||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
- Grind pork and beef through 5 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Grind partially frozen pork fat through 5 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Mix ground meat with all ingredients, including starter culture. Add ground fat last and mix again.
- Stuff firmly into 60 mm beef middles or synthetic fibrous casings.
- Ferment at 22º C (72º F), 90% humidity for 72 hours.
- Dry at 22→14º C (72→58º F), 85→80% humidity for 5 days.
- Dry at 14→12º C (57→53º F), 80→75% humidity for 5 weeks until the sausage loses about 32% of its original weight..
- Store at 10-12º C, <70% humidity.