Güeña is a Spanish dry diameter small sausage, popular in La Nueva which is the region of Castilla-La Mancha and Madrid.
|Lean pork||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork belly||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Pork liver, lungs, heart||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||4.5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||25 g||4 Tbsp|
|Pimentón, hot||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
- Cook lungs and heart in water for 30 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Scald liver in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Grind all meats through 6 mm (1/4") plate.
- Mix with all ingredients. Hold for 12 hours in refrigerator.
- Stuff into 20-24 mm sheep casings forming 10-15 cm (4-6") links.
- Dry at 12-15º C (53-59º F), 75-80% humidity for 14 days.
Fry in oil or grill and serve with eggs and potatoes, on sandwiches or in stews.