Geräucherte Bratwurst (Smoked Bratwurst)
This smoked bratwurst fits into fermented sausage category. No significant fermentation can occur due to the lack of sugar, however, the product is a kind of spreadable bratwurst-mettwurst sausage.
|Pork belly, lean||700 g||1.44 lb|
|Pork shoulder, lean||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||22 g||3.5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|White pepper||3.0 g||1.5 tsp|
|Caraway, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Mace||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cardamom||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Grind all meat with all ingredients through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
- Mix with all ingredients.
- Stuff into 32 mm pork casings forming 15-20 cm (6-8") links.
- Hold for 24 hours in refrigerator at 75-80% humidity.
- Cold smoke at <180 C (640 F) for 12 hours until gold-yellow.