|Pork||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Pork fat||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Bread, soaked||250 g||0.55 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||15 g||2-1/2 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.0 g||3/8 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Ginger||1.5 g||3/4 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Soak bread in water and press dry.
- Grind meat through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Emulsify soaked bread, ground meat, salt, cure #1 and spices in a food processor.
- Stuff into hog casings forming links.
- Hang for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Smoke with hot smoke for 30 minutes.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 30 minutes.
- You can add to water red coloring which has been approved for food use.
Beef can also be used.