White pudding is an English sausage made with pork meat, fat, suet, bread, oatmeal, barley or farina and stuffed into a large casing.
|Pearl barley groats||225 g||8 oz|
|Back fat or leaf fat||225 g||8 oz|
|Leeks, chopped||75 g||2.6 oz|
|Flour||125 g||4.7 oz|
|Farina||100 g||3.5 oz|
|Full milk||250 g||8.fl oz|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||9.0 g||1-1/2 tsp|
|White pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Thyme, rubbed||0.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Marjoram, rubbed||0.5 g||1/2 tsp|
- Dice back fat into 1/4” (6 mm) cubes.
- Cook barley in water. Drain.
- Mix barley when still warm with all materials and seasonings.
- Stuff into beef runners or 36-40 mm hog casings.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 40 minutes or until sausage reaches 72° C (160° F) internal temperature.
- Cool in cold water, hang in air to evaporate moisture. Keep refrigerated.