Scotch White Pudding with Leeks
A Scotch sausage with suet, oatmeal and leeks.
|Oatmeal||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Beef Suet||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Leeks||100 g||0.11 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||6 g||1 tsp|
|White pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Cook steel cut oats to make oatmeal. Boil 1 ½ cups liquid (water, milk, or nondairy milk). Stir in ¼ cup oats. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut up suet and leeks and grind with 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Mix with oatmeal and spices
- Stuff loosely into 36 mm hog casings and tie off into 12” (25 cm) long rings.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for about 40 minutes. Cool in cold water, dry in air and refrigerate.