Meats and Sausages
Scotch White Pudding
A Scotch sausage made with beef fat, oatmeal, onions and farina.
|Beef fat (suet)||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Oatmeal *||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Onions||50 g||1 onion|
|Farina **||50 g||1.8 oz|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||15 g||2-1/2 tsp|
|White pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Allspice, ground||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Cook steel cut oats in water to make oatmeal.
- Dice suet into 1/2” (12 mm) cubes. Dice onions.
- Mix suet with all ingredients.
- Stuff into beef middles.
- Cook in water at 85° C (185° F) for 40 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.
* Use steel-cut oats. Boil 1 ½ cups liquid (water, milk, or nondairy milk). Stir in ¼ cup oats. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. **The word "farina" is Latin, meaning meal or flour. Farina is a type of flour made from wheat middlings: the germ and endosperm of the grain, which are milled to a fine consistency and then sifted. It is often prepared as hot cereal (porridge).