An English pork and bee sausage>
|Lean pork||450 g||0.99 lb|
|Fat pork||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Lean beef||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Pork belly||150 g||0.33 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|White pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Water||60 ml||2 oz fl|
- Grind: lean pork through 1/4” (6 mm) plate; fat pork through 1/4” (6 mm) plate; pork belly through 1/4” (6 mm) plate; beef through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix salt, cure and pepper with 60 ml of cold water, then mix with beef. Add lean pork and re-mix until sticky. Add belly and fat pork and mix again.
- Stuff into 32-36 mm hog casings. Hang for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Smoke at 60° C (140° F) for 60 minutes.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for about 30 minutes or until meat reaches 70° C (158° F) internal temperature.
- Cool in cold water, hang to evaporate moisture and refrigerate.